Monarch Sports aims to provide its customers with the best possible products. To achieve this, we aim to make efficient use of the personal information we collect from our customers.
We also want our customers to have confidence that in handling personal information, we afford that information an appropriate level of privacy, consistent with the Privacy Principles of the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
Who are we?
- Monarch Sports is Company based in Auckland that specialize in cricket gears.
Your Acceptance of This Policy and Its Terms
- By using the Monarch Sports website, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service.
- If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use the Monarch Sports website.
- Your continued use of the Monarch Sports website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
What is Personal Information?
- Personal Information is any information about you that identifies you, or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained.
- From time to time Monarch Sports may contact you to obtain further information or to offer other products or services that may interest you.
- If you do not wish to receive our emails please contact us by any of the other means set out below and we will remove you from our list.
Why personal information is collected by Monarch Sports?
- Monarch Sports collects personal information from its customers and suppliers, or employees or officers of its customers and suppliers, for purposes relating to the products and it offers.
- Those purposes include:
- Responding to enquiries regarding products, and accessories we offer.
- Receiving feedback and dealing with complaints.
- Processing orders and administering accounts.
- Providing customer and supplier support.
- Applications for employment.
- Marketing and promotional activities.
- Product development and market research.
- Meeting our regulatory and legal obligations.
- If Monarch Sports are unable to collect personal information we require, we may not be able to do business with you.
- To access certain site features, and to perform certain activities on site, users may be asked for, as required, and not limited to, name, mailing address, email address, contact number, and credit card information.
How does Monarch Sports collect personal information?
- Where possible, Monarch Sports will collect your personal information directly from you. This may take place in several ways, such as when you give us a written order or ask us to provide a product or over the telephone or internet.
- In addition, we may obtain personal information from third parties such as our suppliers.
- The Monarch Sports registration form will require you to provide us with contact information and demographic information. We may use your contact information to communicate with you when necessary.
- If you want to remove your registration please use the unsubscribe function on your email and you will automatically be removed from the mailing list.
Do we disclose personal information to anyone else?
- In providing you with a product or service, we may sometimes need to disclose your personal information to others.
- It is generally our policy not to disclose information to external organisations, however, examples of the types of organisations we may need to disclose information to during providing a product or service are:
- A person outside Monarch Sports who is contracted to us to provide a service on our behalf (for example a courier company).
- Some examples of the kinds of organisations with which we contract are:
- Printers for marketing material.
- Accountants, lawyers, and delivery service providers.
- Those contracted parties are not authorised by us to use personal information for anything other than the purpose for which we supplied that information to them.
- Sometimes, the law requires us to disclose personal information. For example, information may be disclosed to a court in response to a subpoena or to a Government agency such as the Inland Revenue Department.
- We may also disclose personal information where the individual consents to us doing so. That consent may be written, verbal or implied from your conduct.
- Monarch Sports will send our site members emails throughout the purchasing process; other newsletter emails they elect to receive and promotional material.
- From time to time, Monarch Sports may use personal information to inform our customers about our products, or about special offers and promotions, which we think may be of interest to you.
- Monarch Sports will give you the opportunity to express a wish not to receive direct marketing communications.
- You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing material (by contacting us by any of the means set out below) and we will remove your details from our direct marketing database.
- Monarch Sports does not disclose personal information to organisations outside Monarch Sports and its suppliers for the purposes of allowing them to direct market their products. However, we may join other business associates of Monarch Sports in joint marketing of our respective products and to customers.
- If the law requires Monarch Sports to provide you with information about our products, we will provide that information even if you have elected not to receive information about our products generally.
Ensuring Personal Information Is Up-To-Date
- If the information Monarch Sports hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us immediately and ask us to correct or supplement it.
- Monarch Sports rely on the personal information we hold in conducting our business. Therefore, it is very important that the information we hold is accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- Monarch Sports do everything we can to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate complete and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it. This means that from time to time, we will ask you to tell us if there are any changes to your personal information. If you find that information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us immediately and we will correct it.
Security of Personal Information
- Security of personal information is important to us and we take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
- Sensitive and private data exchange between the Monarch Sports website and its users happens over SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. The Monarch Sports website is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards to create as secure of an environment as possible for users.
- The Monarch Sports website will use appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on the Monarch Sports website.
- Some of the ways the Monarch Sports website protects personal information include:
- Restricting access to personal information only to staff who need it to perform their day to day functions.
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access or damage to electronically stored information, such as firewalls and anti-virus software.
Access to Personal Information by Individuals
- You can obtain confirmation from Monarch Sports that we hold personal information about you.
- You are entitled to request a copy of the information and/or request that corrections or changes are made to it.
- Access to personal information may be refused in several circumstances, such as where the information relates to anticipated legal proceedings or the request for access is frivolous or vexatious.
- If we deny or restrict your access, we will explain why.
- You will be given the option when using this site to change your personal details.
- To make any changes to your personal information you may contact us by any of the other means set out below.
- The type of personal information we collect on the Monarch Sports website depends on how you make use of the site.
- When visiting our site, you will not be required to provide us with any personal information unless you request information about a Monarch Sports product or respond to a Monarch Sports competition or promotion. In that case, we will ask you to provide contact details along with other information required to respond to your request or allow you to enter the competition or promotion.
- The information provided might also be retained for product planning purposes, and unless you tell us that you do not want it used for direct marketing purposes, may be used for those purposes.
- Monarch Sports grant you a non-exclusive, world-wide, non-transferable licence to use the site in accordance with the Monarch Sports Terms and Conditions.
- You must not add any content to the Monarch Sports website:
- Unless you hold all necessary rights, licences, and consents to do so.
- That would cause you or us to breach any law, regulation, rule, code, or other legal obligation.
- That is or could reasonably be obscene, inappropriate, defamatory, disparaging, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, threatening, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence or in breach of privacy.
- That would bring Monarch Sports, or the site, into disrepute.
- That infringes the intellectual property or other rights of any person.
- The Monarch Sports website contains links to other websites as well as content added by people other than Monarch Sports. We do not endorse, sponsor, or approve any such user generated or any content available on any linked website.
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- Monarch Sports retain complete editorial control over the Monarch Sports website and may alter, amend, or cease the operation of the site at any time in our sole discretion.
- The Monarch Sports website will not operate on a continuous basis, and may be unavailable from time to time (including for maintenance purposes).
- You may reproduce, copy, and distribute the content of the Monarch Sports website provided the content is only used for informational, non-commercial purposes and any reproduction includes a prominent acknowledgement of Monarch Sports’ rights in the relevant content.
- You may not reproduce, copy, or distribute the content of the Monarch Sports website for any other purpose or in any other way without the Monarch Sports prior written consent.
- You must obtain Monarch Sports prior written consent should you want to link any part of this site.
Privacy and Our Email
- If you send Monarch Sports an email containing personal information, we will take reasonable steps to ensure the confidentiality of that information.
- Monarch Sports’ Internet Host for maintenance and fault detection purposes sometimes monitors the content of emails.
- Monarch Sports may also monitor email for legal compliance purposes.
- E-mails may also be sent to our suppliers or contractors when they relate to product or service enquiries or complaints. They also treat the information confidentially.
- Although we take steps to protect information sent by e-mail, e-mail is not a secure method of communication and if you are concerned about sending your personal information to us in this manner, you may prefer to contact us by any of the other means set out below.
Privacy and Payments
- Payments through the Monarch Sports website are processed through paypal,visa and mastercard.
- Monarch Sports do not store or hold any credit card information.
- Payments must be received prior to orders being shipped.
Termination of Access
- You have the right to ask Monarch Sports not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
- You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms Monarch Sports use to collect your data, clicking the unsubscribe button on any communication Monarch Sports have sent to you, by accessing the customer preference centre or by contacting us.
- Where you have consented to Monarch Sports using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
- Monarch Sports may terminate access to the Monarch Sports website at any time without giving any explanation or justification for the termination of access.
- Monarch Sports will have no liability for any costs, losses, or damages of any kind arising because of terminating access to the site.
- If you believe that the privacy of your personal information has been compromised, please let us know.
- You can make a complaint by contacting us by any of the other means set out below.
- We will respond to complaints as soon as possible.
- If you would like more information about Monarch Sports’ approach to privacy, please contact us at [email protected]